Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Praying Scripture-


My husband and I pray for Stephan every day, but we have decided that we need to fast as well... Today as I prayed over him, I decided to pray scripture. I've done this in the past, but I've never wrote down what I prayed... As I sat at my kitchen table, I opened up to the book of Psalms and began reading. I began to personalise my prayer adding Stephan's name and adding detail to my prayer as I prayed and read from the Word. I have felt God's presence with me all day. I know that He is at work in the life of my son.

A little of what I prayed today:


Psalm 6:1-10

O LORD, do not rebuke me in Your anger, Nor chasten me in Your hot displeasure.
Have mercy on me, O LORD, for I am weak; O LORD, heal me, for my bones are troubled.

My soul also is greatly troubled; But You, O LORD--how long?

Return, O LORD, deliver Stephan from the hands of the enemy! Oh, save him for Your mercies' sake! For if he were to die, in death there is no remembrance of You. In the grave who will give You thanks? If you spare him and if you protect his going out and coming in... If you protect him from even himself and the drugs he is doing, then perhaps one day you will receive much glory for the things you have brought him "through..." Praise be unto You, The Lord God Almighty!

I pray Lord God that he will come to trust you soon. Father, I am weary with my groaning; All night I make my bed swim. I wake up crying some mornings in fear that harm may come upon my son. I drench my couch and my sleeves with my tears. My eye wastes away because of grief at times; It grows old because of the enemy, Satan, and all the people Stephan calls friends who are not. I ask that these friends depart from him, all those who work iniquity. I don't want any harm to come to them. I simply desire for them to be either- saved themselves or that their friendship will fade away because a friendship like they have is not fruitful for either of them!

God I thank you for hearing the voice of my weeping.

I thank you for hearing my supplications and for receiving my prayer.

Let Stephan be ashamed and greatly troubled because of his sin; Let him turn back and be ashamed suddenly today because of the lifestyle he is choosing to live. Allow him to know that you are a God of mercy and forgiveness. Let him "not" be ashamed to come before you, knowing of your great love for him. Do let him be shameful because of his sin, which causes him to come to You, but in knowing your love, let him come boldly before you with the knowledge that Jesus died for all of his sin, so that he can feel shame no more... and he would begin to live life with You as his guide. Lord, in this, he would truly live!

Psalm 5:11- Let Stephan rejoice as he puts his trust in You! Let him ever shout for joy, because You defend him! Let him love Your name as he grows to love You more and may he experience great joy in You. For You, O Lord, will bless the righteous; you will bestow favor upon him. You will surround him and protect him as with a shield.

In Jesus Name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment! I would love to hear your thoughts...