Monday, March 14, 2016

It's Christmas!!

On Christmas Eve, Stephan and Rainey spent the night with us per my request! I had asked each of my children before Christmas this question: "What makes Christmas special to you..?" Each of them gave me different answers, so when we were in Alabama for Christmas we did those special things that Brandon and Ellie requested. We exchanged ornaments that meant something special and we read the Christmas story. We played Christmas music. We also read A Charlie Brown's Christmas. That one was Ellie's request.

Stephan had said that he loved candles, Christmas music, breakfast on Christmas morning, then opening gifts in our pajama's! The only way to open gifts in our PJ's was to be here when he woke up, so I made it all happen.I made a big, special dinner that night as well. Since everything is closed on Christmas Day, we settled in, watched movies and made a day of it!  It was a wonderful day. We had also bought tickets to go see It's a Wonderful Life at the Fireside Dinner Theater the day after Christmas. Rainey and Stephan met us here and we drove down to the Fireside. The performance was was absolutely amazing. The food was great as always... It was just a good day and a really wonderful Christmas...

I am so thankful for such a wonderful family. I am especially thankful that I got to see all of my children this Holiday season.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment! I would love to hear your thoughts...