Thursday, May 26, 2016

Freedom from Lies...

Stephan is still going to the gym and his muscles are telling the tale. I've never seen him more focused on eating right and gaining muscle! He can't seem to gain weight, but when you work out an hour and a half a day, six days a week- well- that metabolism is raging! He is doing so well and I'm just grateful he has such a positive focus!

There is a girl at the gym, Stephan calls her "Treadmill," because he first saw her on the treadmill! He won't talk to her... He says that from what he can gather, just from observing her- a girl like her would never be interested in a guy like him. I TOLD STEPHAN that his thought process was simply Satan speaking lies to him. He talked to me about where he had been... I stopped him! We had such a wonderful conversation about God's forgiveness and I asked him straight out if he'd asked God TO forgive him of his past mistakes. He said that he had... I reminded him of what the scriptures say about God's forgiveness: 
The Lord is merciful and gracious,
slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love.
He will not always chide,
nor will he keep his anger forever.
He does not deal with us according to our sins,
nor repay us according to our iniquities.
For as high as the heavens are above the earth,
so great is his steadfast love toward those who fear him;
as far as the east is from the west,
so far does he remove our transgressions from us.
As a father shows compassion to his children,
so the Lord shows compassion to those who fear him.

I told Stephan that once he asked for forgiveness, God remembers his sin no more! They are as far as the east is from the west. I said, "The only one who reminds you of your past sin is yourself... and Satan! Satan never wants you to forget it, because he wants to drag you through the mud with it every chance he gets!"

I also reminded him that we are ALL sinners! I said, "There is no sin that is greater than another and because of our sin, we are all destined for Hell... That's why Christ died for us all. (For God so loved the WORLD) not-- For God so loved "some." 

**I made Stephan practice with me-- I pretended I was "Treadmill." Gosh, I wish I knew this girls real name! HA HA! I told him to start a conversation with me, like saying, "Hi, I'm Stephan.. How long have you been coming here?" He couldn't even talk to ME! It was quite hilarious! Poor boy....



Lord, create a longing in Stephan's heart for you... Allow Him to know and feel your love... I pray You become his heart's desire. Bless him as only You can... Refine him in your refiner's fire. Mold him and make him. May the work you began in him long ago be completed, so he can begin living the life You created him to live... Free him from Satan's lies...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment! I would love to hear your thoughts...